A few things you should know to enhance your learning and practice of yoga.
- Allow 2-3 hours after main meals and 1-2 hours after snacks before yoga;
- Remove your shoes at the door, we practice in our bare feet;
- Turn your cell phone off;
- Bring your own mat, it’s more hygienic. We do have rental mats for $1;
- Wear comfortable clothing in which you can stretch and move freely;
- Ask questions about anything that is not clear to you;
- Please notify me before class if you are pregnant, menstruating or if you have any condition that affects your mobility, health or wellbeing. Not every pose is appropriate for everyone;
- Understand that you are responsible for your own wellbeing during classes and participate within your own capabilities and limitations. Ease back from any posture in which you are experiencing pain or discomfort and rest in a relaxation posture;
- Breathe through your nose, keeping the breath smooth and easy;
- Enjoy & smile often to keep your jaw, face, neck and whole body relaxed;
- During menstrual cycle, practice more gently. Avoid strenuous exercise, strong backbends, twists and inverted poses;
- Finally, classes finish with the gesture and saying Namaste. This means: I honour the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.